Okay, so you just bought a new caster chair. What next? Learn how to maximize the lifespan of your chair by knowing the do’s and don’ts on caster chairs to better take care of it. Or if on the other hand still on the lookout for a new caster chair this article will also benefit you as well.
Casters are the little wheels that allow you to move your chair around. They come in two varieties; fixed and swivel. The fixed caster has a metal stem that extends from it, while the swivel caster has a plastic or aluminum stem with rubber feet on either end to provide stability when in use.
A good rule of thumb when buying a caster chair is to get one with wheels that turn in both directions so it can be pushed back in against the wall when not in use. This way you won’t have any trouble at all moving it around your home or office space!
- Do make sure they can rotate 360 degrees; this will allow you to easily maneuver into position during work hours (and out of said position at break time).
- Do make sure the chair is stable.
- Do make sure the casters on your chair are set in an appropriate position, this will ensure that you can move it around with ease.
- Do try to avoid using a high back office chair for extended periods of time as they can cause back problems such as sciatica, lumbar spine strain, and even herniated disks in some cases. A good alternative would be one with either mesh or breathable fabric upholstery which allows air circulation but also protects against hard surfaces being pushed into sensitive areas like hips or shoulders while sitting down all day long at work!
- Don’t buy cheap caster chairs because they are not durable, and will most likely break after a while.
- Don’t place objects on or near the casters of your chair as this can cause damage and reduce stability.
- Don’t put liquids directly on any hardware including knobs and buttons as this can cause them not only to break but also unleash toxins into the air that are harmful to everyone around them!
Remember these tips when setting up your office at home or workspace!